Steps to add employee data in Amber
Click on the video below to see how you can upload employee data:
Uploading employee data
The data can be updated by the admin user after logging in to the dashboard and following the steps below :
1. Navigate to Dashboard 1.0 from Dashboard 2.0
2. Got to the Setup Page
a) For Admins with full access
The data can be updated by the Admin user after logging in to
Dashboard 1.0 and following the steps below:
To go to the Setup page, click on the gear/settings icon
b) For Admins with restricted access
Click on your name and select ‘Upload Database’
3. Click "Upload Employees"
4. Download a sample data file
5. Enter employee details in the prescribed format after going through the guidelines mentioned
6. Save and upload the file
7. The system will notify in case the file has errors
8. Click on "Download File"
9. Rectify the errors in the file and save it
10. Upload the updated file
11. After the data has been successfully uploaded, the system will show the following confirmation message based on the users being added, updated or disabled. Click on ‘Confirm Upload’.
12. At the top right hand corner of your screen, check to see the following pop-up that confirms our upload
Guidelines for uploading the data
- No changes or modifications should be made to the sample database format
- The headers in the first row of database file should not be swapped or deleted
- Name, Email ID, Preset Language (leave cells blank if language support is disabled), Date of Joining, Department, Location, Country, City, Employee code and Cohorts (if applicable) are mandatory fields
- Email address should be entered as firstname.lastname@example.org and Date of Joining as DD-MMM-YYYY (17-Jan-1983)
- If the database file has two employees mapped to the same email ID, the system will show this as an error stating Duplicate Email ID.
- Phone numbers should be entered as a 10-digit number without the country code (for Indian Phone Numbers) or special characters and spaces (Sample: 9900012677).
About Preset Language column:
- Amber now supports 4 languages: English, Malay, Indonesian, and French. This column helps Amber know employee’s preset language and she converses using the same.
- If language support is disabled for your account, then leave cells blank. Amber will continue reaching out in English. Note: By default, language support is disabled for your account.
- If language support is enabled for your account, then enter preset language value for each employee as English, Malay, Indonesian, or French
- If language support was ever enabled in the past (and is now disabled), enter preset language value for each employee as English
- If you want to enable/disable language support then reach out to your customer success manager or contact us at email@example.com