Steps to add employee data in Amber
Click on the video below to see how you can upload employee data:
For admin users
The data can be updated by the admin user after logging in to the dashboard and following the steps below :
1. Got to the Setup Page of the dashboard
2. Click "Upload Employees"
3. Download a sample data file
4. Enter employee details in the prescribed format
5. Save and upload the file
6. The system will notify in case the file has errors
7. Click on "Download File"
8. Rectify the errors in the file and save it
9. Upload the updated file
10. After the data has been successfully uploaded, the system will let you know that the data will be processed and updated in 24 hours
Guidelines for uploading the data
- No changes or modifications should be made to the sample database format
- The headers in the first row of database file should not be swapped or deleted
- Name, Email ID, Date of Joining, Department, Location are mandatory fields
- Email address should be entered as email@example.com and Date of Joining as DD-MMM-YYYY (17-Jan-1983)
- Please note the email address is a unique identifier. If the database file has two employees mapped to a same email ID, the system will show this as an error stating Duplicate Email ID.
- Phone number should be entered as a 10-digit number without the country code (for Indian Phone Numbers) or special characters and spaces (Sample: 9900012677).